So many people have told us to "stay in touch" after the move, an injunction that worries me somewhat--what with my antipathy towards phones and my hermitic impulses, sometimes at college I would go weeks before I remembered to call home. Fortunately one of our good friends suggested that I write a blog and I accepted the challenge, only I'm dragging Philip down with me. This is for your benefit; I can tell you now that Philip will be the better writer (and I the more frequent). I've chosen as the title of our blog the state motto of Arizona: "Ditat Deus," God enriches. This is our prayer and our hope as we start this journey.
For the sake of being all on the same page (a phrase that blogging practically renders obsolete), here are the details of our new life:
We have both accepted teaching positions at Glendale Prep in Phoenix, Arizona. Philip will be teaching middle school English and I will be starting the high school French program. We are very excited about the school; Glendale Prep is one of the Great Hearts Academies, a network of public, independently operated charter schools with a rigorous Great Books curriculum. The schools stress the development of thoughtful students with good character.
We will be living in an apartment complex next door to the school. We are excited to be within walking distance of our workplace and to be living in the same place as some of the other faculty. We also have a cat waiting for us in Arizona, a Maine Coon mix named Barley. We've packed all of our belongings--all the wedding presents, our hundreds of books, a couch I just bought off of Craig's List--and on Sunday we're moving!
No comments:
Post a Comment